Uncategorized

Fire Started at Local Night Clubs.

A fire at a popular Leederville nightclub has caused half a million dollars damage. internalimageeveaboutFirefighters were called to the Hip-E Club just off Newcastle Street at 9am on the 9-09-18.

7 News Perth reporter Rory Campbell said firefighters could be seen dragging furniture out of the building and a number of crews were working on extinguishing the flames from several spots around the site.
Paramedics were on standby but no one was injured.


It took 29 firefighters just under an hour to bring the fire under control.
A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokesman said the blaze had started inside the building and was being treated as accidental.


The club is known for retro tunes, sticky floors and dodgy hen’s parties. The popular venue boasts all night drinks specials, Flashback Fridays and the longest running student night in town.The Hip-E Club has long been the venue of choice for those wanting to dance the night away.The Hip-E Club was opened in 1988, and it’s colourful neon interior, podium dancers and fun retro tunes still see people lining up for entry each week.


A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokesman said the fire was in the top floor of the venue.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s